Tuesday 12 August 2014

Confessions of a Blogger Tag...


I first spied this post over on Dainty Owl's blog and thought that it was definitely something that I would like to get involved in. So here goes my confessions:

When did you start your blog?
I started Effortlessly Excessive right at the end of March this year. Many moons ago, I toyed with the idea of starting a blog, but I was so bogged down with work that I never really got it off the ground. I'm kinda kicking myself now though as I wish I had put in the effort back then. 

Have you had any past online presence before (Other blog, YouTube)?
Well apart from the failed attempt at a blog, I did have a really cringey Myspace, does that count? It was just a personal thing, way back when all the cool kids were doing it. I'm pretty sure it had its own theme tune too... Should I just crawl under a rock now?

Why did you start a blog?
Depending on whether you have read much of my blog before, you may be familiar with the fact that at the start of this year, I quit my job as a teacher and moved to Finland with my partner so that he could pursue his career. I ended up with a whole bunch of time on my hands and woke up one day thinking, 'You know what, I'm going to start writing a blog!' I've always liked to think that I am a creative person and I love being able to put so much of myself into something that other people can enjoy. 

When did you become serious about starting a blog?
I guess when I decided to create this one this year. I was fairly tentative at first as I didn't really know anything about the blogging world and thought that the fact that I didn't really fit into a niche, would hinder rather than help me. I have always been committed to writing blog posts that I enjoy right from the start; although I think when you begin to see that people take an interest, it makes it all the more worthwhile.  

What was your first post?
It was a simple introduction to who I am, what had led me to start a blog and why I chose the name Effortlessly Excessive. You can have a nosey at it here if you wish. 

What has been your biggest challenge about blogging?
Hmmm... this is a tough one. I guess it's maybe breaking out of the 'Secret Blogger's Club' Which, admittedly, I haven't done to the full extent yet! It's not that I don't want my nearest and dearest to read what I'm up to, I just like the fact that it's my own little thing. Saying that, I have slowly started to let people in and I've had nothing but lovely feedback which is really encouraging. 

Where do you see your blog in one year?
Hopefully still on the internet. Unless Google thinks, 'Who is this crackpot?' and decides to pull the plug. Jokes aside, I'm not really sure. Of course I think the majority of people who blog would like to see more people out there, following and appreciating what they write. I guess I'd like my blog to grow and continue to be a place that people enjoy visiting. Anything else is a bonus. 

What is the most rewarding thing to you about blogging?
One of my biggest loves about blogging is the community that it comes with. I have spoken to so many fun and interesting people, and it seems that there is never a dull moment in the blogging world. I love engaging with people in the community and I find that Twitter is great for this. I'm over at @EffortlesslyExc if you fancy a chat! On a personal level, I find that having a creative outlet, as well as having the opportunity to push myself and give things a go, has been incredibly rewarding for me. 

What is the most discouraging thing that happens to you?
Nothing that is influenced by anyone other than myself. I am sometimes prone to a bit of self-doubt and can occasionally get stuck in a bit of a creative rut; however I think it's important to remember that, above everything, your blog should be a source of enjoyment, not stress. I think many bloggers put a lot of pressure on themselves, me included, and this can sometimes be tough to deal with.  

What's you lasting inspiration or motivation?
Is it wrong to say myself? I mean yes, I read so many great blogs and it is easy to be inspired by what others are doing; however my blog often leans towards personal, lifestyle posts and I guess they are inspired by the life that I live. Not really groundbreaking I'm afraid so sorry if you were hoping for some words of wisdom. As for motivation, I'm a pretty determined person and I feel that keeps me motivated. I know that not every day is going to be a good blogging day. Similarly, not every day is a good hair or face day. Shit happens and a wine and cake break solves most problems. 

So there you have it folks - My confessions laid out for all to see. I hope that you enjoyed reading as I waffled through this and I hope that you feel inspired to give this lovely tag a go. 
Share:

4 comments

  1. ooh this is a great tag i love it! i may post it myself :) your blog is lovely! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/08/fitwear-fashion-with-south-beach-and.html#more xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it.. I'd be keen to read it :) xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Kristy,

    I think it only natural to be inspired by your own life. I think that is the best approach to blogging given that there are so many to choose from and when one is too similar to the next, well, I leaves one wanting for more...ya know!?

    While I think this is my first time commenting, I've been reading for about a month or so and I just love it.

    xoxo
    Jessica
    http://vivaciouseventslv.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting Jessica. I'm glad that you enjoy reading. xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig