Sunday 30 March 2014

A little introduction...

Well, here goes my first post. I suppose I had better say a little something about myself and explain why I decided to create this blog.

My name is Kirsty. I'm an expat living in a sleepy Finnish town with my other half and our guinea pigs; Hamish and Ralph. (There is a pig-related story to tell there but I shall save that for another post!) In February this year we packed our bags, boxes and several cases, waved goodbye to our old home in sunny Qatar and landed feet first in Kotka. Leaving my old life, and job behind has been somewhat, 'challenging' and has led to many new ventures, including this. As well as a teacher of small children, I can now add several new strings to my bow. In the short few months here I have learnt to crochet, cross-stitch, knit a scarf, operate a sewing machine successfully, started writing a children's novel, learnt to ski, attempted to learn Finnish, considered a career in astro-physics and became a blogger. Yes, I really do have far too much time on my hands!

So why, 'Effortlessly Excessive?' I'm pretty sure that my partner would say that this best sums up my personality, fairly adept at making an absolute mountain range out of a molehill and being impossibly impulsive. I argue that this is women in general with a slight awkward look on my face and claim that no woman knows what she wants nor why, she just wants it now.

So what can you expect from me? Frankly, I have no idea but I am determined to post something at least once a week. As I usually have quite a lot to say in life, I expect, (and fear) it may be more. So I guess, watch this space!







Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig