Wednesday 27 August 2014

The 2 year countdown!


I toyed with the idea of writing this post because I wasn't really sure if anyone would really be interested at all, BUT in exactly 2 years to this day, Scott and I will be getting married! Cue me prancing around the room and squealing like a massive loser...

I honestly thought I would never get married; or more accurately, that no one would ever be able to put up with me til death do us part. It's quite a lengthy commitment seeing as I'm hoping to make it well into my 70's, at least. That's over 45 years of dealing with the fact that I am impossibly stubborn, having to accept that he will never win an argument and generally fearing for his well-being whenever I am tired or hungry. Miraculously though, he's still stepped up to the challenge. If anyone deserves a Blue Peter badge, it's definitely him. 

On to more serious issues. Two whole years is a loooong time. Undeniably, I am excited and have been floating around today in a little bubble of sunbeams and rainbows; however I can't help but have a bit of an, 'URGH' moment whenever I think back to the fact that it's 730 days, 8 hours and around 23 minutes. Not that I'm keeping track or anything. It's just bloody ages off, and whilst yes, it will all come around so quickly and I have a bazillion and one things to do before then, I can't help but wish it was a little sooner. 

In order to make myself feel better, (Or worse, depending on how you look at it) I decided to make a list of all the things that I could do in two, whole years. 

- Learn Finnish. Apparently Finnish is one of the hardest languages to learn and I've heard it can take up to two years to really get to grips with the grammar. That way, when I go to the supermarket, I don't have to tag along with Google translate or embarrassingly have to ask the locals if my orange juice has bits in it. 

- Complete a fast-track degree. In the UK, some universities offer 2 year courses which are the equivalent of completing a 3 year course, just over a shorter space of time. You know, in case you're in a rush. 

- Sleep a total of 243.3 days. Not really something I 'could' do, but more like what I will actually do. Using my GCSE maths skills, I worked out that if I have approximately 8 hours of sleep per night, multiplied by 365 days of the year, this gives me a total of 2920 hours of sleep per year. I then multiply this figure by 2 to give me a total of 5840 hours of sleep over 2 years. Divide this by 24 and it works out at a total of 243.3 days over the course of two years, that I will spend tucked up in my bed. Phew... 

- Become a body builder. I'm pretty sure that I could work my arse off in the gym and get absolutely ripped. I'm not saying I have any desire to do that, but I could all the same. 

- Birth a child. Moving swiftly on...

- Learn to play a musical instrument at a professional level. Does the harmonica count?

- Sail around the world, twice. Yes, I'd need a pretty decent boat and I'd probably need to spend a considerable amount of time actually learning to sail, but still. 

Feel free to pop your suggestions of things I could do to pass the time in the comment box below. The wackier the better! 

Does anyone else really, really hate waiting for things? 
Share:

6 comments

  1. Wow I don't know how you could wait so long! Mind you I got married after only dating my OH just over two years and waiting the 9 months to get married was long enough, saying that i'm highly inpatient!

    Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really impatient too! I hate the wait but I'm hoping it flies! Thanks for commenting Rachael xxx

      Delete
  2. Thats so exciting! It is probably the one thing that will be most worth the wait though!

    But on the upside... two years of parties! wedding planning party, hen party (after the hen party planning party obv) and you can't forget choosing the menu for wedding party! haha

    Love this post
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nikki. I can't wait to get stuck into all the planning and parties etc. I'm just so impatient!! I guess I shouldn't wish it all away though as I'll definitely be sad when it's all over. xxx

      Delete
  3. How bloody exciting?! I got married in June this year and we were engaged for nearly two years, you will be surprised at how quickly it flies by!
    My husband didn't cry when I walked down the aisle but the very excited happy face made up for it (sadly, Mr C does not do many emotions hahaha!) so it was more than enough for me that he looked HAPPY we were getting married :D
    Enjoy the time of organising the wedding, because it is so magical and exciting. If you need any tips I am more than happy to lend an ear!
    Rebecca xxx
    www.queenbeady.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, congratulations! I keep telling myself that it will fly but I get so impatient. Thanks for the words of wisdom and should I spiral into a bridezilla-esque out-of control state, I shall be knocking on your door so you can sort me out! Haha... Thanks for commenting lovely xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig