Saturday 30 August 2014

One of those days...

Does anyone else have one of those days where you wake up and think, 'What the hell am I doing with my life?' I'm sitting here in my pajamas, sipping a cup of tea and feeling quite guilty over the fact that I just attacked a harmless box of After Eights in the most unsavoury fashion. It's probably worth mentioning that I'm hungover too. 

When and how did this happen? Okay, the hangover is due to the fact that I consumed silly amounts of sparkling wine with the girls last night and as for the After Eights, I'm going with the fact that due to their minty flavour, eating them is technically considered as brushing your teeth. I mean, my mouth does actually feel rather fresh right now. 

Also, I binge ate cheesy chips last night, therefore breaking my low-carb diet in a dramatic fashion. I lasted two and a half days though, which is fraction less than the amount of time I stuck to the ab challenge. It's pretty much Oslo's fault that one didn't work out. Nobody wants to exercise on their jollies now do they! So at some stage, I need to start this sorry process all over again. Oh how my life is so far from those watermelon and quinoa munching yoga gurus you see littered all over Instagram. 

Half-way into my cup of tea, I have only just realised that I forgot to put my usual sweetener into it. Clearly the After Eight aftermath has worn off and my taste buds have roused from their chocolate-induced coma. I'm pretty sure that airport security can just skip me when I next take a flight. I haven't heard of many people being able to create an explosive device, yet unable to make a simple hot beverage. I'm pretty, 'low risk' I reckon. 

This morning, I cried watching a child cry over getting a new puppy. Not even in real life. It was a video that was circulating on Facebook. The child had a really annoying whine but it didn't matter. The tears flowed, as they did last night when I had finished gorging on chips, because Scott really didn't seem to understand the fact that I loved him, in quite the way I wanted him to. Of course, it was nothing to do with the fact that it was 3am and he had work the next morning or anything. I'm pretty much that emotional drunk girl. I also managed to fall on my arse in the club trying to move a chair to sit on, shortly before making a stealth-like exit; but we can just gloss right over that one. 

Finally, I'm just going to put it out there that I am currently living in conditions of squalour. My apartment could probably feature on a Channel 4 documentary and I'm pretty sure I would become a trending hashtag. #FinlandsBiggestScruff or probably something a bit more clever than that, I just really haven't got the brain power today to come up with anything witty. It's worth pointing out that I'm living in such conditions due to the fact that 90% of my personal belongings are boxed up ready to move apartment next week, and not in fact because I have hygiene related issues or anything. Maybe I should just stop writing this post now. 

Here's a completely unrelated, but totally relatable meme:

link
Over and out. 
Share:

10 comments

  1. Haha, I actually really enjoyed reading that! It was really refreshing and welcome in my bloglovin feed this afternoon, a bit of real life sandwiched between the reviews. Also- I really fancy After Eights now!
    Jennifer xx
    htttp://www.ginevrella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After Eights are always a good idea! Thank you for your lovely comment Jenny and hope you're having a great weekend xxx

      Delete
  2. Hey, everyone has these days and it's ok! 'One swallow does not a summer make' is my fave expressions. One 'off' day be it with diet, working out, being positive etc. doesn't mean that you've failed or you need to completely start over. Let the day happen, veg out, and tomorrow's a new day. Have a great Sunday and forget about today.
    Tash | Ballet, Dance & Fitness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natasha! I think we all have 'those' days now and again! xxx

      Delete
  3. This was so refreshing to read! Hope you're doing well, but I know what those days are like xxx

    Jemma
    www.dorkface.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Some days you just have to consume your body weight in chocolate and there's really nothing anyone can do about it! Oh well.. xxx

      Delete
  4. Girl, I was in stitches as usual. :-) I hope all goes well with you're move! :-)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of service! :) Thanks for the well wishes... xxx

      Delete
  5. LOL! Thank you for the evening pick-me up!

    I used to enjoy clubbing quite a bit hence awkward nights were not uncommon. At the end of the night I was always grateful to find that I had friends that would take care of me when needed.

    xoxo
    Jessica
    {Vivacious Events](http://vivaciouseventslv.com/blog/fabaug2014)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the post Jessica. Having friends at the end of a night out is definitely a bonus in most cases, especially if they look after you too! Haha xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig