Thursday 28 August 2014

MAC Mineralize Glass in Fashion Perk


I must confess that I've owned this MAC gloss for a while. Well, since around early April anyway. It was a duty free purchase, a memento from the first time I ever flew from Edinburgh airport. Am I the only one that still looks for excuses for impulse purchases? Anyway, after bursting open my pencil sharpener all over my makeup bag, I decided to give it a good clear out and remembered that I had this little gem buried inside. 

I'm a bit of a MAC junkie to be honest and I always find myself being drawn back to MAC for many of my makeup needs. I tend not to wear too many lip glosses these days as I'm not a huge fan of the stickiness, but the Mineralize Glass is such a lovely product. 

It has the familiar vanilla scent that any MAC lipstick lover will instantly recognise. The formula is thick but not too gloopy and although it's a heavy gloss, it isn't overly sticky. It's the kind of gloss that you know you're wearing. You can really feel it on your lips and it's super slick. 


The gloss applies really well and is well pigmented to give a bright pop of colour. This particular shade, Fashion Perk is a plummy/berry which has a slight pinkish tinge to it. It's worth noting that the gloss does look a touch darker in the tube than it applies; however I still think it's a gorgeous colour. 


You can see from the swatch that the Mineralize Glass really does live up to its name. It's not for those that fear a bit of shine. In terms of wearability, Fashion Perk is an easy colour to work with in my opinion and is a lovely shade for Autumn. I definitely think I will be pulling it out of the makeup bag more often as Autumn starts rolling in. It has pretty good staying power too. There's no need for constant reapplying every time you so much as crack a smile and you can definitely have three or four mojitos without ending up all washed out. 

My only downside to this product is the fact that when the wind blows, you're going to get the inevitable, 'hair stuck in the gloss' although that's pretty standard for most glosses with a thicker consistency. It's not something I would wear every day, but it's nice now and again for a bit of a glossy shine. 

Have you tried any of the Mineralize Glasses from MAC? What are your thoughts?
Share:

8 comments

  1. I haven't tried any other MAC product besides the lipsticks, but this looks amazing - such a lovely shade! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should! I swear by the primer and Mineralize foundation.. They rarely disappoint with the quality of their products. xxx

      Delete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous colour! Must try one of these for sure! x

    Keep Dreaming ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge fan of MAC. I may try your recommendation and purchase this for Autumn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually never tried this formula. This is a lovely colour. Maybe I should? I've been dying to pop into the MAC store but have been restraining myself. :-)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the colour too. Maybe you could do a bit of 'window shopping' haha! xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig