Thursday 24 July 2014

Throw back Thursday!

If you're accustomed to the ol' Facerbook, then you'll no doubt have heard of this little thing called Timehop. If you're not familiar with Facebook, then you're probably not going to care much for this post, and also, how did this happen? Anyhoo, if you've not seen Timehop pop up on your newsfeed yet, then quite frankly, you're lucky! It's basically an app that tells you what you were doing on a specific day, one, two or however many years ago you choose. So, on a daily basis now, I am reminded what my old school friends had for dinner four years ago, and that two years ago, someone's child had chicken pox. 

Okay, I know I sound like a total killjoy, but I just don't get all these hyped up apps on Facebook. What actually is Farmville? And don't even get me started on Bitstrips. It's just annoying. I don't want to see a cartoon version of your pet Labradoodle. What happened to the good, old-fashioned posts about how great your life is and/or how many days are left of your holiday countdown? (Yes, I'm definitely guilty of that last one!)

The annoying thing is though, seeing all these Timehop statuses littering my feed, got me curious as to what I was up to all those many moons ago; but rather than cave to the app world, I decided to do the next best thing, and stalk myself on Facebook. What I found was quite unnerving. Mostly because I came to realise that I haven't changed at all. Not one, tiny, little bit. 

Some examples, if you will...

Yep, this one definitely still sounds like me!

and again...

I actually sickens me to think how much time I have wasted being hungover. I guess when you're at uni, it's the done thing; but I always assumed I would grow out of it when I left. Hmmm! Next we have...

No explanation needed!

For shits and giggles...

Amazing
*Insert thumbs up emoji here*

In all seriousness, the train situation was actually horrendous! It was the last train of the day to/from Glasgow, I had no cash on me, other than to pay my train fare and I had work the following morning. In the end, I had to speak to the train manager and have him make a special stop for me in Carlisle, where I had to wait ages for a train back to where I needed to be. Not to mention, all the strange looks and tutting I received from everyone on the Glasgow bound train. KILL. ME. NOW.



The only explanation that I have for either of those, is that some form of alcohol must have been involved. See earlier point regarding my excessive drinking. 

Finally, one person that will always be the same...

Yes, really!

I must point out that she does in fact do a lot of work with the local police, and not that she was being cuffed and dragged into a cell... Could you imagine!?

So there we go! Who needs Timehop, eh? I seriously urge you to have a peek back through your Facebook history and see what hidden gems you'll find lurking there. Happy Thursday everyone!

Share:

6 comments

  1. These are hilarious. I deleted my old Facebook account a few years ago because, quite frankly, it got on my tits. I do have a new account for just a few close friends and family but it would be interesting to see my old facebook statuses!

    Jenna at Tinyfootsteps xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have a love/hate relationship with Facebook. I probably wouldn't use it so much if I didn't live away from home. It's funny to look back on though I guess.. Thanks for your comment Jenna xxx

      Delete
  2. NOOO bitstrips, haha. I hated that I'm so glad it seems to have passed now. I've seen some of these on Facebook but to be honest I don't really use Facebook as much as I used to.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! Most of my timeline seems to be full of these Timehop posts now... Although I'm the same as you, I have moved away from Facebook so much recently. Thanks for your comment Corinne xxx

      Delete
  3. I laughed outloud when I read about your sister. That's epic. Haha.

    Xx,
    Nidia
    www.musingsofnidia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's such a character! Glad you liked it xx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig