Friday 18 July 2014

Friday waffle...

Happy Friday girls and boys. I'm currently sitting on my balcony in my bed knickers, you know those big ass pants with daft cartoons on and stuff that you only wear in bed? Yea, those, and a T-shirt rolled up with the bottom tucked through the neck hole bit, to make some kind of crop style top - Like how you did as a child. I must have earned myself some serious fashion brownie points with this ensemble. Go me!

The reason I'm sitting on the balcony is because the weather is bloody glorious and, if the last couple of months are anything to go by, this is a very welcome novelty in Finland. Although, on a recent trip to the dentist, I was informed that the wet, rainy summer we have been experiencing; isn't usually the norm for this part of the country. It would appear that the Finnish climate has just decided to be an asshole this year; however this doesn't make me feel much better about the situation. So yea, I'm making the most of it. 

I woke up this morning with a text message from my boyfriend informing me that he'd been reading some health and safety stats at work and apparently some poor soul in Chile had shot himself in the todger with a nail gun. I don't know if this is a recent accident or goes back some; but I couldn't help but feel for the guy. He then informed me that genital related injuries were the second highest occurring accident on sites around the world with this specific company, and I couldn't help but think what the hell they must all be getting up to during the working day!? Perhaps it is better if we leave this conversation here. I mean, really? What are you playing at?

In other news, I ate four shortbread biscuits this morning. Okay, it was five, but it doesn't really make much  difference. I'm technically, 'dieting' at the moment so I've hidden the evidence in the cupboard and I'm going to pretend it never happened. That means the calories don't count right? I don't know if this counts, but the shortbread in question is Welsh shortbread. I didn't even know that Welsh shortbread was a thing. I always thought everyone left shortbread making responsibilities to the Scottish. Anyway, it was decent shortbread so high-five to Wales. 

I also raised the question on Twitter this morning, 'Does anyone else sing to their pets?' I'm no Leona Lewis, (Is she still around?) but I sing to my guinea pigs pretty much every day. I like to think that they enjoy it; but they probably have no idea what I'm doing. They aren't just offered the usual chart music though, OH NO! I make songs up as I go along and sing entire, (one-sided) conversations to them. I guess this behaviour is probably on some sort of mild psychosis check list, and the men in white coats will be knocking at my door within the next hour; but I don't care. Someone has to appreciate my terrible singing and seeing as they can't answer back, they've become my willing/unwilling audience. I'm probably categorised as one of those crazy pet ladies. I'm cool with that. 

One thing you notice when sitting in the sun, is that people are infinitely tougher than technological items. I'm pretty concerned for the health and general well-being of my laptop just now. It seems to be making all sorts of uncomfortable noises. Same for my iPhone. What is that little temperature warning message all about? I'm hot too but I don't go shutting down and refusing to work! Are we all in agreement that technology should man up? On that note, I must pop the old machinery inside before it starts some Will Smith, I, Robot style rebellion against its mistreatment and ruins this lovely, sunny day for everyone involved. Apologies for today's wittery post. Hopefully tomorrow will be much better.

I shall leave you with this picture of Hamish looking most upset after her bath yesterday. She hates a wash.

                                 

Cheers to the weekend! 
Share:

4 comments

  1. Hah, love this. I'm still in my pants too - livin' it up yo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww, that photo is so cute, and hilarious, haha!
    Yeah I hate technology fails. Thumbs down to them.
    x tink x
    allabouttink.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technology sucks! Haha.. My guinea pigs hate bath time so much. Hamish looks proper miffed in this picture! xx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig