Wednesday 25 June 2014

Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder...


Up until about a week ago, I had been on the look out for a new face powder. I'm a pressed kinda girl and I was hoping for something sheer and simple. I didn't need any wonder fixes. Just a little something to set my make up and give me a nice, even finish. 

I had a number of recommendations, but in the end I just decided to head on down to my local beauty counters and have a good, old nosey at what was on offer. The girl at the Bobbi Brown counter was fabulous and knew exactly what I needed, shade and all, with just a swift glance. I'm using Soft Sand. 


Having a peek at their website, I can see that this powder is completely oil-free. Not only that, but if you have a slight oily complexion, or just dance yourself into a sweaty mess like me after a few too many beverages, this powder's oil-absorbing qualities means that you're not going to be projecting a sheen that can be seen from space.. Result! Be careful you don't go too heavy on it though as it will make you look like you're in desperate need of moistuiser. 

The Sheer Finish does what it says on the tin, and really does gives you a sheer, but flawless look. The idea is to look like you're not wearing powder at all so you can be all like, 'I woke up like this!' (Or so the Bobbi Brown sales girl told me) 

The final mention goes to the powder puff. I'm hitting you with all the tiny details here today, aren't I? It feels like you face is being kissed by a thousand baby rabbits because it's by far the softest damn thing I have ever felt.. and I'm not even being dramatic! It gives me a little wave of satisfaction every time. 

Have you tried the Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Powder, and if so, what are your thoughts? 
Share:

1 comment

  1. Everyone loves what you guys are up too. This
    kind of clever work and reporting! Keep up the very good works guys I've you
    guys to my own blogroll.

    my homepage: how to grow taller

    ReplyDelete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig