Friday 29 August 2014

Sum up your blog in three words...


If you could sum your blog up in three words, what would they be? That's the question today folks. I'm not entirely sure where the idea for this blog post came from? Perhaps I was thinking about dating websites and how you only have a minimal number of characters in which to sell yourself to a potential suiter. Not that I'm out trawling dating websites or indeed signing myself up to any. (I think my fiance would have something to say about it if I was!) My point being that, if you had to sell yourself and your blog to the general population, what words would you pluck out of the old Oxford? 

After wracking my brains for a short while, and seemingly forgetting every adjective I ever learnt in my long and arduous years of education; I managed to come up with three simple words to describe my little piece of the interweb, and here they are:

1. Light-hearted. If you are a regular reader of my blog, you may know that I'm not always entirely serious. I mean, who really has time for that? Pretty much 100% of what I say should be taken with a pinch of salt. I like to keep things light-hearted and fun. I see my blog as a positive place and somewhere I can write about things I daren't say out loud in front of 'real' people for fear of being carted off in a padded van by men in white coats. Okay, I don't entirely mean that, but you get my drift. Now and again I put on my serious cap to write reviews etc; however I still like to keep things light and entertaining. (I hope)

2. Eclectic. Firstly, can we acknowledge how bloody good a word eclectic is?! I think I did well fishing this out of the depths of my vocabulary. My blog is quite frankly, a whole bunch of stuff that doesn't really fit together. I see myself as a bit like George and his Marvellous Medicine. Everything gets chucked in and somehow something comes out the other end. I don't really fit into a particular niche, and I completely lack the commitment to consistently post about a specific topic. It doesn't matter how hard I try, the urge to waffle is just too strong for me to ever overcome. 

3. Honest. This is something that pretty much goes without saying for me. There are far too many days where I click on the 'new post' button without having the faintest clue of what I am going to write about. More blog posts than I care to think about are a major case of word vomit, or should I say, blog vomit? I'm sorry for that lovely visual, but it really is a case of 'thinking out loud' just tapping away at a laptop keyboard instead. I'd love to say I'm super organised and I have a tonne of ideas all panned out, but that's not entirely the case. You won't find me cropping up in any glossy magazines with my uber glamourous lifestyle either. I'm not going to lie, most days I'm rocking my pjs and absolutely winging the hell out of this blogging game. 

Now it's your turn! I want you to choose three words that best describe your blog, pop them in a comment below and sell the hell outta yourselves! I'm feeling like Cilla Black in her Blind Date days. Effortlessly Excessive Dating dot com... anyone? 
Share:

9 comments

  1. (I gotta lotta love for Cilla)
    I love this idea, I'm so going to have a go at this myself and post it (if you don't mind).
    And yes, yours is defo light-hearted, it always makes me chuckle, especially as it's so well written :)
    x tink x
    allabouttink.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI - I have two of my 3 words, I'll post on here once Ive come up with the third and written my post ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Def a good blog post idea :) I am going to do this also, thanks for the inspiration. This post is also a great idea to reflect on our own blog and to let the readers know how we share inspirations as a writer !
    xo,
    Www.colorsinmybubble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, excellent! I'm really glad you think it's a good idea and that it has inspired you to write a similar post. Thanks for commenting lovely xxxx

      Delete
  4. Fabulous post and a great idea! I'll have to give this some thought and try this myself soon :) Also, your personality really shines through when you write, and call it word vomit all you like - it's a brilliant read :) Awesome stuff!
    Jemma xx
    www.dorkface.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm very pleased that you enjoyed reading. I'd love to see your three words post so make sure you tweet me if you write one! Thanks for commenting lovely xxx

      Delete
  5. Okay, I went for teenage, adventurous and resourceful :) Wrote a blog post explaining why - allabouttink.co.uk
    x tink x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your post! You picked some really great words and I loved your explanations. #threewords Haha.. xx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig