Wednesday 6 August 2014

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Stellar

I'm not proud to admit that I'm somewhat of a makeup snob. I can't put my finger on the last time I bought 'drugstore' brand products. I'm guessing it was sometime around my college/uni days when I could just about afford to live, let alone spend daft amounts of money on concealer. 
In high school, I was all about the Collection 2000 and Rimmel products. They were probably my first experiences of makeup and I felt that I'd kind of outgrown them a little. That was until I spotted this little beauty in my local supermarket. 

I was intrigued by the colour and absolutely had to give it a try. What I found was completely unexpected! The Apocalips really lives up to its 'lacquer' name. It's not sticky and is relatively thin in comparison to other lipsticks and glosses that I own. However, there is zero compromise on the colour. I was literally taken aback by how pigmented the lacquer is. The shade I chose is such a bright and intense reddish fuchsia. It packs some serious punch.

It applies like an absolute dream. Just one coat is more than enough to achieve a rich colour. Despite the non-sticky texture, the formula still feels hydrating and glossy. It really reminds me of the Dior Addict Fluidstick that I purchased recently, only I much prefer the Apocalips. Serious kudos to Rimmel!
After application, it feels like the rich colour literally fuses to your lips and seems to be really long-wearing. Even after wiping it off with a tissue, you're left with a subtle lip stain. Be careful when sampling this in the shop as it does take a bit of effort to remove from your skin; but at least you know it's not going anywhere. It's also worth pointing out that Rimmel have given this lip colour a gorgeous, fruity scent. After a few sniffs, I still can't put my finger on what it smells of exactly, but I'm swaying slightly towards raspberry. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong though.
This colour isn't for the faint-hearted. It really is super bright, but for me, that's why I love it. Even Scott commented on how good it looks and that's really saying something for a guy with zero knowledge of beauty products. There are a number of other shades in the collection, but nothing that stood out too much for me, (Possibly Aurora and Across the Universe, if I had to pick) so I'm praying that Rimmel have more colours in the pipeline. Fingers crossed!
I've definitely had my eyes opened to the fact that high-end doesn't always equal the best products and I'm certainly going to be trying out more products from the likes of Rimmel from now on. I'm sure my boyfriend will be pleased with this... Maybe that's why he liked it so much!? Hmmm...
Have you tried any of the Rimmel Apocalips range, and if so, what are your thoughts? 
Share:

12 comments

  1. this sounds like such a great product! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/08/mememe-cosmetics.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I love the shade! It's so bright and fun xxx

      Delete
  3. Such a gorgeous shade. I love Apocalips (the texture and pigment is great for such a cheap price). I must go check out this shade and see if it would suit me! thanks for sharing :D x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. I can't get over the price for such a lovely product!! I hope it works for you, it's a great colour xxx

      Delete
  4. So creamy! Looks like Rimmel came up with a great product! I'm going to take a look whether my local drugstores stock these!
    Elina | Miss Blue Eyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I hope you find it! It's a lovely product. So happy that I gave it a go xxx

      Delete
  5. I love the apocalips! I've also seen people finding them in POUNDLAND!!!! Really hope this is true haha!

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT??!! If that's true then that is amazing!! What a real bargain!!! xxx

      Delete
  6. The colour pay off looks great! X

    If you're interested I just put up a post of my ootd and meeting Pixiwoo! -check it out!

    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good! Thanks for your comment lovely xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig