Monday 11 August 2014

Manicure Monday - Galaxy nails

Happy Monday everyone! Here's my manicure Monday offering - Galaxy inspired nails. To create these looks I used a basic black polish and two H&M glitter polishes. 
For the first look I used a black polish I picked up in Dubai as part of a nail kit. It's not the greatest black polish, but my black Barry M polish seems to have gone walkabout so I had to make do. As for the glitter, I used H&M nail polish in Mermaid. It's a gorgeous, shimmery turquoise/green colour that looks great paired with the black polish. Excuse my slightly sloppy varnish, it is Monday morning guys! (Or at least it was when I painted them!)
I also decided to add a slight variation for those that love a bit of extra sparkle! I used another H&M nail polish in Stay Golden to create a second look. The glitter polish is a mix of small and large flakes which add a nice effect on top of the green.
What do you think of the galaxy manicure? Would you try something like this and/or have you used any of the H&M nail polishes before? I'd love to hear your thoughts. 
Share:

6 comments

  1. I really need to do a better job with my nails. I used to paint them twice a week...now it's more like twice a month. And I have so many polishes. I think I can recreate this. Thanks for the inspiration.

    www.beautyisles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem... I get a little bit lazy sometimes with painting my nails and don't do it as often as I would like to. xxx

      Delete
  2. This looks awesome! I love galaxy print so I'll definitely be giving this a go :) I've never tried h&m nail varnish either, but it looks good!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have a few of the H&M glitter polishes. They're great for painting over the top of other polishes to add a bit of sparkle. xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig