Tuesday 19 August 2014

L’Oréal Glam Shine Balmy Gloss

L'Oreal, glam shine, glam, shine, paris, sin for peach, peach, lip balm, lips

If you follow me on Twitter, you may have noticed that the other week, Scott and I went out for a little stroll. This was one of the things that, 'happened' on the stroll in question. You may have spotted my review on L’Oréal's Nude Magique BB cream from a few weeks ago (Link here) and it would seem that L’Oréal has found its way into my makeup bag once again. 

Unless you've found yourself in some, 'shipwrecked on a deserted island' kind of situation, then you will have no doubt heard of Clinique's Chubby Sticks that appear to be very much raved about. Well consider this to be a cheaper version of those. A dupe if you will. It's a chubby lip crayon that is super easy to apply. 

L'Oreal, glam shine, L'Oreal glam shine, lips, swatch, shade, red, pink, blush, lip balm, glam, shine

I chose the shade 912 - Sin for Peach which I felt wasn't a particularly accurate name for this colour. It's not peachy in the slightest, more of a pinky/plum tone with a subtle shimmer. Despite this, I still think it's a great colour. Apparently the Glam Shine balms are enriched with flower extracts. I don't know if this means that the bees are going to be flocking to my face or whether it's the reason behind the fabulously nourishing feel of the product. It's hydrating and gives you shiny lips without the sticky texture of some glosses. To me, it's like using a chapstick, only better and with a gorgeous colour to boot. I have literally been using this like a lip balm and the crayon design makes application on the go a doddle. When you've used up all the visible balm, just give the bottom a little twist and more pops up. Simple as that. Now if only I could do the same with a glass of sparkling wine. 

If truth be told, I set out to buy a Clinique Chubby Stick, and I did; however when I spied these too, I knew I had to have one. I was drawn to the choice of colours in the Glam Shine Balmy Gloss collection and I have my eye on almost all of the other shades too. I feel that L’Oréal have really created something for everyone. I will refrain from going in to much detail, comparing L’Oréal's Glam Shine to the Chubby Stick as I already have a post in the pipe line dealing with this; but I can't express enough how much I love this product. 

l'oreal glam shine balmy gloss, l'oreal, glam shine, glam, shine, balm, gloss, lip balm, lips, sin for peach, l'oreal glam shine sin for peach, peach, pink,

Have you tried L’Oréal's Glam Shine Balmy Gloss? If so, what are your thoughts? 

Keep your eyes peeled for my Clinique Chubby Stick review coming soon and my post comparing the two. 
Share:

6 comments

  1. This shade looks so pretty! Looking forward to your comparison post :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great shade and it looks really nice on. Thanks for commenting hun xxx

      Delete
  2. This is a gorgeous shade and sounds really good quality! L'oreal are definitely one of the better drugstore stands :)

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great! I wrote in a post a while back that I'd avoided 'drugstore' brands for ages as I thought more expensive products were hands down, better quality but I'm so pleased I have given them a go, and slightly kicking myself a bit now! Thanks for commenting lovely xxx

      Delete
  3. I find the Bourjois Colour Boosts to be perfect dupes of the Clinique Chubby sticks. Same lasting power, finish and qualities! I haven't tried the Revlon and the L'oreal ones you mentioned here.. should give them a go since I love a good chubby stick dupe ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The L'Oreal colours tend to be a bit brighter than the Clinique shades but quality wise, they're fab! I haven't tried the Bourjois or Revlon dupes. I'll have to keep my eye out for them! Thanks for commenting lovely xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig