Saturday 16 August 2014

Inglot Freedom System Eye Shadow Palette



Before we start this review, I must point out that this was a complete and utter impulse purchase. Scott and I were in Helsinki for the weekend and happened to walk past this teeny, tiny little makeup shop that I had never noticed before. Of course, we had to go in and this is what I ended up with. I say, 'we' very loosely. Anyhow. I don't know whether I've been hiding under a rock or I'm just really not part of the cool, beauty crowd; but I had never heard of Inglot before and was intrigued as well as a little bit apprehensive as to what I would find. 

After sampling almost the entire collection right there in the shop, I knew I had to get me some of the action and so I started the 'buying' process, which was an experience in itself. 

You can choose from a number of different-sized palettes, starting from small, through to much larger ones. The palettes are empty and it's your job to fill them up. I chose the three-square palette and was given what can only be described as a magnetic slate. The idea is that you carry it around and pop the testers on it when you have decided what you want. They are held in place by the magnets and don't slide about as you're trying to shop. Even more exciting, is the fact that you can mix and match products in your palette. So you can choose a mixture of eye shadows, lip colours, concealers etc. Pretty much anything that tickles your fancy. It's your palette and so you decide what goes into it. 

I ended up going for two very neutral eye shadow shades as you can see from the picture below. I knew that these would be colours I would wear regularly and I wasn't wrong! I left a space free for next time and I think I will opt for something a little bolder. There is a tonne of choice. 


The pigmentation is great and blended, these shades work really well together. The light shadow has a light gold shimmer to it and I have used this so much as a great base colour. My only bug bear - The products come in small metal pots that are held in place by the magnetic palette. Once they're in, it's near impossible to get them out without taking a few clumps out of your shadow. I tried but quickly decided it wasn't worth it. The shade number is printed on the bottom of the pots so I have no way of telling you what shade these are as the woman threw away the empty boxes in the shop and I completely forgot to note them down. Sorry guys! The lid is magnetic too and holds in place really well. I've flung it in the bottom of my makeup bag and it's stayed put so thumbs up for that one Inglot. 

Interestingly, the sales woman informed me that you can also stack palettes on top of each other and they are held together by the magnets. I haven't tried this though so I don't know how well it works or if it's really beneficial in any way, but I did think it was worth a mention. 


I'm seriously impressed with Inglot. I think the Freedom System that they operate is great for people who know what they want and usually find themselves buying a makeup palette for one or two shades and wasting the rest. It's completely personal and that sells it for me. 

On top of the build-your-own palettes, Inglot also stock a whole range of other beauty products, see the lipstick above; however I will save that for another review. If you want to know more, take a peek at Inglot's website - Link here. I have a sneaking suspicion that many more Inglot products are going to work their way into my makeup bag over the coming months. Watch this space!

Share:

12 comments

  1. The shades you chose are so pretty! I love the idea of building up your own palette :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great idea! I love that you can mix and match products too! I can't wait to add to my collection xxx

      Delete
  2. These shades are gorgeous and look so pigmented! I love the bronzy one. The magnetic palettes seem like such a great idea x

    Mapped Out | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both such great colours and I love the whole idea behind the Freedom System palettes. The only problem is choosing from all of the amazing colours. Thanks for commenting lovely xxx

      Delete
  3. I love these shades! They look so pretty and the little case sounds brilliant. I've been intrigued by Inglot so hopefully I can find somewhere that sells it and have a little nosey! :)

    Alicia (LissyBeauty)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, do go and check it out if you can. I'm so impressed by them. The eye shadows are gorgeous xxx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful choices. These two shades remind me of a NARS duo, can't remember which one now (guess I'm not too cool of a beauty enthusiast either, lol). I made a five pan Inglot shadow palette last year. I need to break it out more often. :-)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I definitely think you should whip it out again. xx

      Delete
  5. I've never tried anything from Inglot before, but I would love to create my own palette! xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased with the products that I got. I love the idea of being able to create my own palette and there are so many shades and products to choose from. I have been using these eye shadows non-stop lately xxx

      Delete
  6. I really want to create my own Inglot eyeshadow palette. I love the shades you have, super gorgeous!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love them too. It's such a great idea from Inglot. xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig