Friday 22 August 2014

Clinique Chubby Stick Lip Colour Balm


As promised in my earlier post on the L’Oréal Glam Shine Balmy Gloss (Link). I have written a review on the much coveted, Clinique Chubby Stick. The particular shade I chose is called Bountiful Blush, which is a a lovely pinkish brown colour. It doesn't sound particularly appealing, but swatched, you can see it is a subtle, warm colour. 



Lately, I have really been drawn to much more natural hues and have been wearing my brighter lip colours less often. This is no exception. For me, the sheer colour gives me a, 'my lips, only better' feel and is a perfect everyday choice for when you want to tone it down a bit. 

The Chubby Stick design is one of a chunky lip crayon and reminds me of my Crayola crayon days. It's easier to apply than I initially expected and you can pop it in your bag to top up during the day. The texture of the Chubby Stick is a balmy, non-sticky gloss. It's relatively lightweight with a hydrating, moisturising feel; although, personally I expected a touch more moisture than it provides, but it's not something that would put me off using or buying the product again. 

I like the style of the chunky applicator and when you have used up all of the exposed product, you simply twist the bottom to expose more balm. It's foolproof. If I had to pick a fault with Clinique's Chubby Sticks, it would have to be the scent. It really borders on nit-picking, but the balm has a fairly waxy smell that I'm not keen on. Once applied, you can barely notice it, but a touch of fragrance wouldn't go a miss for me. 

The staying power is pretty good for a product of this type and I find myself topping up, not for the colour; but for a little injection of moisture. Pretty much what you would expect from a lip balm. 


Have you tried any of Clinique's Chubby Sticks? Are you a fan and if so, what colours are you rating/hating?

Keep your eyes peeled for an upcoming post where I compare the Chubby Stick to the Glam Shine balm from L’Oréal. 
Share:

2 comments

  1. This is such a pretty shade! I think I would really like this lip product as it is more of a balm than gloss. Nothing worse than wearing a glossy product on a windy day, with long hair! x

    Mapped Out | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the lip crayon balms at the moment. You're right in that they're much better than glosses, especially on a windy day! Haha... I'm wearing them more than my lipsticks these days, which is really saying something! Thanks for commenting lovely xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig