Thursday 3 July 2014

The Wanderlust Tag...


Firstly, I would like to give a big shout to Tink Jayne for tagging me in her wonderful post, The Wanderlust Tag. I love travelling and it was great to read a post from someone who shares a similar passion. If you have read my About page, you will know that I have hopped around a few countries in the last couple of years and through doing so, have had the opportunity to visit some wonderful places. I feel incredibly fortunate as for me, nothing beats the sun on your face, the sand in your toes and a cocktail in your hand. 

So here goes my answers to the Wanderlust questions:

1. Your most treasured passport stamp? I would have to say Sri Lanka. It was the first holiday that Scott and I planned together and it was complete and utter paradise. We stayed in a gorgeous, beach front villa and spent four days in a state of complete relaxation. Heaven!


2. Can you recite your passport # from memory if asked? Not a chance. I can just about manage to remember my date of birth and I still struggle with that occasionally. A good memory for numbers is not something that I have been blessed with. 

3. Preferred method of travel; planes, trains or automobiles? Although I love to 'travel' as such, for me it's all about being there. The physical act of travelling to and from a place is not something I particularly enjoy. I don't mind flying and trains or cars are neither here nor there. It seems all the great places take the longest time to get to and I'm not a particularly patient person. I'd rather spend 8 hours on a beach than sitting in a plane; however, needs must!


4. Top 3 travel items? A camera, sun cream if it's hot and more bikinis than any one person needs. 

5. Hostel or hotel? I have to admit, I have never stayed in a hostel; however in my time I have stayed in some pretty dire hotels - circa teenybopping Kavos days; however, I now love nothing more than staying in a nice, comfortable hotel. I guess I've earned it from my days of showering in a freezing cold, hand-held shower in rooms with air-con as effective as being blown on by a moth. 


6. Are you a repeat visitor or do you explore new places? I'm definitely an, 'explore new places' kind of girl. I like sitting down with Scott and talking about where we should go next. When we lived in Qatar we did a few repeat visits to Dubai, but with it being an hour flight, it was as easy as nipping to the shops. 


7. Do you read up on your destination (culture, history, safety) or do you wing it? Absolutely read up! I like to do my research; especially when it comes to must-see places and things to do. Also, I think that making sure you are aware of any particular laws or customs of the place that you are visiting is crucial. The last thing you want to be doing on the holiday of a lifetime is spending a few weeks banged up in a cell or riling up the locals. 





8. Favourite travel website? I tend to use Expedia mostly and then shop around for flights to see if we can get any better deals. 

9. Where would you recommend a friend to visit? Name the city & why. Wow, this is really tricky! I would maybe have to say Abu Dhabi. It's like Dubai, but nicer. There's so much going on but it still maintains a certain charm too. I wish I had taken more opportunities to visit when I was living out that way. 


10. You're leaving tomorrow, money is no option, where are you going? At the moment it would be Singapore. I desperately want to live there for a little while before Scott and I finally settle back home in the UK. But if just for a holiday, the Maldives all the way. Water villas and private infinity pools... sigh! 

If you love to travel or dream of going to some beautiful places, you should definitely participate in the Wanderlust Tag and share your experiences with everyone, no matter how big or small. 

Get posting everyone!
Share:

7 comments

  1. oooh, I love this! Think I might do this tag. Lovely photos!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely do it Rebecca! It was nice reminiscing about my jollies whilst I was writing it xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, absolutely love the photos! So jealous that you used to live so near to Dubai! I'd love to visit there. Maldives is definitely on my list too, looks so relaxing and beautiful. Next on my list is Italy though!

    Have you lived abroad anywhere else? :)

    Hazel Jane x
    hazeljane.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dubai is amazing! I used to go for the shopping mostly but there is so much to see and do. Maldives is the ultimate dream destination.. I'm holding out for it as a honeymoon spot haha! I've only lived in Qatar and currently in Finland. I can't see myself going home any time soon so another place is definitely on the cards xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Kirsty, I used to live in Qatar too! Lol, now I live in Abu Dhabi! I am glad you liked it here, I most certainly love it! xxx
    www.gingerandcream.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, no way! Small world eh! Abu Dhabi is fabulous.. I always swear that I will go back someday for another visit. xx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig