Wednesday 30 July 2014

My £9 Dior Addict Lipstick in Spring Ball!


If you're a regular visitor on this little space of the interweb, then you'll no doubt be aware of the fact that I live in Finland. Not just anywhere in Finland, but a small city, which would definitely be a town back home in the UK. Being a small town means that the prominence of makeup stockists are much lower than I am entirely happy about; HOWEVER, there is one little gem of a place that I visit quite regularly and on one of these occasions I stumbled upon this gorgeous Dior Addict lipstick at the wonderfully reduced price of 9 whole, Great British Pounds! *Squeal*

If you follow me on Twitter, (shameless link here) then you may have seen my excitable post about said discovery, a week or so ago. I will show you the swatch now as I know you must be dying to see this gorgeous colour in all its glory!

This was only one or two swipes and as you can see, it's such a soft, shimmery barely-there peachy/pink. It's a far cry from the usual lipsticks that I pick up but when it's reduced, I was in no mood to be saying no! 

I bought one of the Dior Addict Fluid Sticks a while back, (you can read the review here) and I loved it; however I am absolutely blown away by the lipstick. It's super glossy and has a lovely creamy texture which leaves your lips feeling hydrated - big selling points for a non-matte lover like me. The colour is so flattering and would probably look great with most skin tones.

Now, for the sad news! Grab your tissues girls because this limited edition lovely is now discontinued. After searching high and low to find a reputable stockist online, I starting to get the sneaking suspicion that Dior were no longer producing this little lovely; and after emailing their customer services, my suspicions were confirmed. I guess that's why a perfectly good lipstick was in the reduced section... Damn you!

  
So, my current action plan is to nip back to the shop and see if there are any more of these beauts left to be snapped up and I'm going to challenge some of you seasoned beauty whizzes to find me a similar shade that can be my fall-back when this runs out. So please, if you know of a dupe for this lippie, pop it in a comment below. As for the Dior lipstick itself; I'm already eyeing up other shades I can grab to try out. (Hello Collection and Baby Rose) 

Have you tried any of the Dior Addict lipsticks? If so, what are your thoughts?
Share:

8 comments

  1. this is such a gorgeous shimmery colour! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/07/be-delicious-with-dkny.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a soft, pretty shade. It's hard to tell from the picture, but it looks so lovely on. Thanks for your comment Amy xxx

      Delete
  2. WOah this is such a bargain!! I love the shade of this lipstick and the shimmers in it, if all Dior lipsticks £9 I would probably buy every single one of them!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! That would be so great right? Seeing how great the quality of this one is, is definitely enough to convince me to buy more. I'm usually a total MAC girl but these are just so lovely. I'll have to start saving the pennies! Haha.. Thanks for your comment hun xxx

      Delete
  3. Your pictures are stunning! The lipstick isn't bad either ;)
    www.everything-ib.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post and such a great buy! I'm so envious as I have the same lipstick and paid more than double - what a find! :)

    Jenny
    xx

    somelikeitstyled.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's annoying! I was so excitable when I noticed them. Couldn't believe the price of them for perfectly fine lipsticks. Amazing! Now, if only they were that price all the time!! Haha... Thanks for your comment Jenny xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig