Wednesday 2 July 2014

Me, myself and I...

I contemplated writing this post for over a week and that's probably the longest time I have ever contemplated anything, so you know that it's kind of a big thing. 

Now, I don't like to be a negative Nelly over here in my little space, so I will refrain from using any distasteful or colourful phrases. (Sometimes that can be a big ask!) 

As it turns out, I'm being sidelined. Put back on the shelf like an unwanted toy or a dented can of beans, not that I even like beans, but that's not the point. The point is that a particular group of girls haven't been very nice to me and this makes me a little bit sad. Let me explain this in a bit more detail so that you can fully grasp my situation. 

As you may or may not know, I moved to Finland at the start of this year. I left all of my lovely friends behind to set up camp in a little town outside of Helsinki. And do you know, it's really tough! I became friends with a small group of ladies, just like me and we all sat in the same boat, drinking tea and making the most of what we had.. each other! It was nice, for a while. As our little group expanded and a couple of girls my age moved here, I got excited. Cue daydreams of shopping trips, drinking wine and making the most of the less than thrilling atmosphere of the sleepy, little town in which we were stuck. But it didn't quite turn out as I had hoped. In fact, it did turn out exactly as I'd hoped. Only I didn't have an invite to the party. I'm the girl all dressed up with no place to go. 

Reading statuses about wine-fuelled luncheons and checking my post box to ensure I didn't, in fact have an invitation sitting in there waiting for me, I came to the conclusion that I had either done something really offensive or these people had forgotten that I existed; although it's not entirely difficult as there are only 4 of us. So I'm going with the fact that I must have really offended these girls somewhere along the couple of weeks that I had known them. Maybe it's my freakishly smooth robot dance that I do when I've had a few too many drinks or perhaps it's because they disapprove of my shallow excuse of an existence. I like shoes and lipstick, it's not that bad right? My mother always told me that you should play nicely together with other girls and boys; but it appears I'm the only one pulling my weight. However my mother also told me that if you don't have anything nice to say to anyone, you should say nothing at all so maybe that's why they haven't called me? All I know is that it's really, really shitty to behave in such a way as I was always brought up that us girls should stick together and when you're living away from home in a strange country; you need all the friends you can get. 

I must point out that there are other girls here too, nice girls. Girls a little older than me and one that I don't see often as she has a busy schedule, but she tries. It's just a shame that the, 'my-own-age' girls aren't playing ball. Maybe I should plough some time into creating a poster for some new friends. I spent lots of time in high-school practising bubble writing, so I think I'd be quite a good poster maker. 

As for the girls that inspired this post, I hope that you have a very pleasant and enjoyable day. 

Share:

6 comments

  1. I know this doesn't help you much BUT if I lived nearby then I'd totally wanna hang out with you. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks! You can be in my gang.. :) xx

      Delete
  2. This is so sad :( I hope they come to their senses and start making more of an effort soon - or you find some better people! :)
    emmerliejay x

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the nicest way as possible let them burn, and remember you are the party.... so they're probably missing out!

    ReplyDelete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig