Tuesday 29 July 2014

L’ORÉAL Nude Magique BB Cream


This is probably going to be quite a difficult review to write because; although I scored a fairly decent grade in English, I think there are only so many ways of saying something is perfect... seriously!

Recently, I've been on the lookout for great foundation alternatives, especially with Summer being in full swing. I have generally stuck to tinted moisturisers in the past, but it would seem that BB creams are having their heyday at the moment. So naturally, I wanted a piece of the pie! 

If you're unfamiliar with BB creams, they're blemish balms or beauty balms, depending on where you live. It's basically just a jazzed up tinted moisturiser, usually with a few more bells and whistles. 

The L’ORÉAL Nude Magique is an absolute gem of a BB cream. It does exactly what it says on the tin - It gives you a great, even complexion without too much heavy coverage, it gives you a beautiful dewy glow as well as hydrating your skin and giving you a little added SPF. 


The cream squeezes an off white colour, straight from the tube. The product is described as having, 'Smart Pigment Capsules' which I can only assume means the teeny tiny, little gritty bits in it that you can see if you squint and stare far too intensely at your computer screen. As soon as you start to blend the cream, the formula changes to the colour that you would typically expect. I attempted to swatch this; however it's almost impossible to see in a photograph.


I opted for the light skin tone shade as the medium does come out quite dark. The light is perfect for me as it gives me just a good hint of colour, without stepping into the borderline orange territory. Used with my usual primer, I find that the Nude Magique Cream gives me a fabulously flawless finish that seems to last through the day, even when you're sitting in the blazing sun sipping sparkling wine.. *cough* 

Since I bought this product, it has seriously not left my face! My MAC foundation is sitting patiently in my makeup bag, waiting for the colder weather to return; although I think I will definitely continue using this all year round as an everyday base. 

Have you tried the L’ORÉAL Nude Magique BB Cream? What are your thoughts?
Share:

16 comments

  1. Wow this sounds lovely, the way it changes sounds great! Will look out for it :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's soooo good! I tried a tonne of them out in the shop and as soon as I tried this one, I was sold!! xx

      Delete
  2. I love BB creams. Using the Body Shop one at the moment but might try this one soon :) x

    peepintokslife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the Body Shop cream but this really is fab! Couldn't imagine not owning this now! xx

      Delete
  3. it looks really nice, thanks for sharing!

    xx fameliquorlove // bloglovin // instagram

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been put off bb creams after trying so many and they all made me real orange, this sounds good though I may have to give it a swatch when I'm in boots next! Great review love the pics too they are georgeous x
    www.classicrouge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I would definitely recommend the light shade and you only need a tiny amount for a good coverage, don't apply too much! I love it for my skin tone. I really hope it works for you too! xxx

      Delete
  5. Definintely need to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this blends into your skin so seamlessly! xx

    Pillarbox Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great... It leaves your skin feeling really soft too! Thanks for commenting xxx

      Delete
  7. I use this BB cream too and adore it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, it's so great isn't it! I'm glad you love it too xxx

      Delete
  8. This sounds perfect and just what I am looking for!

    Thank you : )

    Danielle
    boothysabode.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig