Wednesday 16 July 2014

Benefit - Watt's Up Highlighter


When it comes to this product, I feel like a grandma who has just discovered a CD Walkman for the first time. About 10 years behind the times and infinitely less, 'with it' than I am currently comfortable with. 

HOWEVER

If truth be told, I probably don't care that much as I am so glad that I finally have this hyped up highlighter sitting comfortably in my make up bag. And, when I say hyped up, I mean hyped up in a good way, not a Flappy Bird annoying kind of way or like the hype surrounding the start of the new Millennium, where we all feared for the future of our technology... (I'm aware that was 14 years ago and so some of you young ens will have no idea what I am talking about! Sigh...)

Anyway, I have digressed massively.

The point I am trying and probably failing to make, is that this product is hyped up for all of the right reasons. It's just so damn good!


The chubby - Pritt Stick esque shape makes this highlighter super easy to apply. There's a little sponge type thing attached to the base for blending; however it was a tad small for my liking, so I just got stuck in with the old fingers. 

Before blending

After blending
Applied just along the cheek bones, the Watt's Up gives you a gorgeous, dewy finish. The kind that makes you look like you've got that warm-weather glow, but not full blown sweaty. 

The Benefit gods describe the colour as being, 'delicate champagne' which I guess is about right, and I mean, who doesn't love champagne? 


I'm absolutely sold on this product, and have been wearing it every day since I got my hands on it. Have you tried Benefit's Watt's Up Highlighter? If so, what are your thoughts? 
Share:

8 comments

  1. i absolutely love benefit makeup, but this is one of the items that i am yet to try. im glad you think its good though and i may invest! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/07/malibu-barbie-ootd.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Benefit too and this is definitely one of the best products that I have tried! If you're after that, 'dewy' look then you need this!! Haha.. It's perfect! xx

      Delete
  2. I've seriously raved about this back on my blog - I adore the highlighter and been also using it so much since I picked it up! Great to hear you love it too :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing... From reading all of the reviews, I knew I was probably going to enjoy it, but I honestly didn't anticipate how good a product it actually is! xxx

      Delete
  3. I'm not usually going for the most raved about products but this highlighter looks extraordinarily good! The cubby stick itself looks a little dark but I could imagine that it even works on paler girls like me. I might need to pick it up soon! :)
    Elina | http://cupcake-kissesxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little bit like that too. It's really not that dark and I've read reviews that say it's good for pale skin too. It's really light and blends great, so it should't be a problem. I honestly love it! xx

      Delete
  4. I am slightly Benefit obsessed, but every time I go into the shop, I shy away from this. To be honest I am a little scared to use it, but you may have swayed me it looks really good :)

    Gaby x

    theglamdottylife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should ask one of the sales team to give you a demonstration, or have a fiddle about with it in the shop. It really is super easy to use once you know how :) xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig