Tuesday 10 June 2014

The Liebster Award...


Well look at what we have here! If you're unfamiliar with this lovely, little award, then cast your eyes over a definition and the rules:


The Liebster Award is chosen by bloggers, for bloggers. It is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is German for; sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued and cute.. apparently! (Phew, that was a mouthful)


1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.

2. Display the award on your blog.

3. Answer 11 questions which were provided to you bu the person who nominated you.

4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself. 

5. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, (who have less than 200 followers.)

6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.

7. List these rules in your post. Feel free to copy and paste. 

8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated, that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it, (as, like me, they may not have ever heard of it!)

I would like to say a huge, whole-hearted THANK YOU to Aimee'jo at Gurls and Pearls for the nomination and here are my answers to her questions:

What is first on your bucket list?
This would probably be to see as much of the world as possible! I love travelling and visiting new and exciting places. 

If you could marry one celebrity who would it be? 
I'm going to be really cheesy and say none. I have a gorgeous fiance and as much as he drives me a little bit crazy, he's the only guy for me. 

Who is your idol?
I am a big Lady Gaga fan; however Cheryl Cole is pretty fabulous too! (Can I pick both?) 

If you had one wish what would you wish for?
I'd wish for more wishes as I'm ridiculously indecisive and I could guarantee that I'd wish for something stupid and then immediately regret it!

Would you rather wear no foundation or no mascara?
Definitely no foundation for me! 

If you could steal one celebrity's wardrobe who's would it be? 
Hmmm.. I'd have to say Millie Mackintosh as she always looks super stylish. 

What posts do you like to read the most? 
I love a good old beauty/fashion post but my faves would have to be funny posts that demonstrate the author's sense of humour. 

What's the first thing on your wish list? 
I'm really lusting after a new iPad at the moment. My partner has one and we share it, but it has all his 'boy' things on it like football apps and what-not. I want my own so I can fill it with my crap instead! 

What do you wish was back in fashion? 
Pretty much everything from my childhood is back in fashion again! Jelly shoes, chunky-soled shoes, chokers; you name it!

What piece of makeup can't you live without?
Eyeliner. I feel naked without it on.

What is your favourite food? 
Oh I'm such a pizza junkie! Pepperoni, green peppers, onions and mushrooms... Excellent! 


Okay, so now here is the part where I tell you 11 random facts about myself and hope that you don't judge me too much!

1. I passionately hate tomatoes, but I eat ketchup with so many things.

2. I can crochet, which is kinda like knitting. Helloooo Grandma!

3. In the last 3 years I have lived in 3 different countries.

4. I'm a qualified primary school teacher.

5. I'm getting married in Scotland in August 2016.

6. I know all the words to The Bad Touch by Bloodhound Gang.

7. I can't stand getting water in my face.

8. I consider myself to have an addiction to shopping.

9. I absolutely refuse to touch raw chicken.

10. I have a creepy fascination with sharks.

11. I own a burkha.

Right, now that that little bit is out of the way, it is time for me to nominate some of you lovelies to receive the Liebster Award too! Here are my nominations:

Vena Isabella - Just Vena Again

Rebecca - Rebecca Alice

Ellie - Eleanor Rose

Leah - Reviews on Beauty

Danica - Dan's Average Blog

My questions for you are as follows:

1. What made you start your blog?

2. What is your dream job?

3. What's your favourite item in your wardrobe?

4. Where is the last place that you visited on holiday?

5. What's your biggest pet peeve?

6. Shoes or handbags?

7. Which beauty product do you swear by?

8. Which song gets you going when you're out with your friends?

9. What's the most embarrassing thing that you have ever done?

10. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing that you would buy?

11. Would you rather have fish for feet or claw hands, and give your reasons why?

Kirsty xx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig