Friday 23 May 2014

The basil plant...

No, this post is not about cooking with basil, healthy eating or recipes of any sort... In fact, this post is about my inability to care for a basil plant!


Now, I don't consider myself to be a green-fingered girl, not even slightly; but I did think that keeping a simple plant alive was hardly rocket science.. Although; who am I even kidding? This plant isn't even mine! Let's start at the beginning shall we?

My better-half declared his love for basil about two weeks ago, (yes, really.. apparently he loves the stuff!) So naturally we had to go and buy a basil plant. I don't know why a bag of the green stuff wasn't sufficient but that's neither here nor there. So, here we are... the proud owners of a basil plant. After a few days of careful preening by the boy, basil plant responsibilities were handed over to me, and this is where it started to go downhill. I'll have you know that I watered the damn thing and stuck it in the sunshine, all the things a responsible plant-owner/sitter should do; however that clearly wasn't good enough as the basil plant has now started looking very sorry for itself. Granted, it still has leaves and by all means and purposes; is a functioning plant, but it's about as limp and lifeless as 5-day unwashed hair. It just looks really fed up.. it hangs down like a sad person's face and I get a slight depressed feeling every time I catch a glimpse of it out of the corner of my eye. My plastic plant on the other hand is thriving!

Should I be embarrassed about my horticultural failings? I'm sticking with no... I mean, who just wakes up one day and decides to grow basil anyway?

Kirsty xx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig