Wednesday 21 May 2014

Dior Addict Fluid Stick...


I have been meaning to write this post for a few days now, but I kept getting sidetracked... I bought the Dior Addict fluid stick after reading a number of good reviews online. I'm usually a faithful MAC girl; however this product kept popping up here and there, and in the end, curiosity got the better of me!

So where to start? I opted for the 'Magique' shade, (479) It's a vibrant pinky colour with a very subtle reddish tone. It's not too dissimilar to 'Wonderland' (575) just a little less intense. The first thing that occurred to me when I went to buy this product was how much I'm a sucker for a pretty package! Before I even began to consider the contents, I couldn't help but admire the aesthetics of the thing. I like that it's boxy, unlike other, more common designs. But I have to say, my favourite aspect of it's appearance is that the little area that holds the gloss is shaped like a lipstick. It's the small things right!?

Anyway, on to the actual product itself. What I must say is that I really like the colour. It's poppy and somehow still manages to stay wearable; even for daytime looks. It's relatively long-wearing and tends to fade to a subtle lip tint after a few hours, (or 5/6 cocktails if you're anything like me!) It lives up to it's 'fluid' name and feels very smooth and lightweight on application. The only drawback to this is that it almost borders on slippery and you need to take care when applying it to avoid ending up with wobbly looking lips. That being said, the fact that the product is water based means that it isn't overly sticky like some other glosses and you don't end up with bits of crap getting stuck to your face! No? Just me then...

One thing that did leave me a bit disappointed about the fluid stick was that it isn't fragranced in any way. Some people may actually find that to be a positive, but for me, one of the things that sells MAC lippies and glosses to me is the vanilla-esque smell that they have. I like that you catch a faint whiff of it every now and again; however you don't get that with this. It wouldn't put me off buying other versions of the gloss, (hello Kiss Me) but it's just a small niggle I have.





On the whole, I am a big fan of this gloss and think that it is a welcome new addition to my make up bag. I paid around 42 Euros in Finland, which is around £34; although you can get this about £10 cheaper in the UK which is pretty annoying! Maybe I will stock up next time I am visiting home.

Visit the Dior Beauty website to check out the different shades available and to find your nearest stockists.

Have you tried the Fluid Stick and if so what shades are you rating or hating?

Kirsty xx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig